Sunday October 29, 2017
Blessed John Paul II has established that on the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
the Church will observe the World Day of Prayer for the Sanctification of Priests.
What else can you do?
· Pray for the Holy Father in a very special way, that he may have the health and strength to guide our church for many years to come.
· Attend the Holy Mass and pray for priests worldwide.
· Spend a holy hour in Eucharistic Adoration for our priests.
· We are also encouraging people around the world to stop whatever they are doing at 3pm local time which is the hour of Divine Mercy and spend a quiet moment praying in thanksgiving for our priests and contemplating the gift of Priesthood.
· Pray the rosary for priests, in particularly the luminous and meditate on the Institution of the Eucharist the fifth mystery.
· Offer up the crosses of this your day for the priesthood.
Prayer for Priests
LORD JESUS CHRIST,
eternal High Priest, you offered yourself to the
Father on the altar of the Cross and through the
outpouring of the Holy Spirit gave your priestly
people a share in your redeeming sacrifice.
Hear our prayer for the sanctification of our priests.
Grant that all who are ordained to the ministerial
priesthood may be ever more conformed to you,
the divine Master. May they preach the
Gospel with pure heart and clear conscience.
Let them be shepherds according to your own Heart,
single- minded in service to you and to the Church
and shining examples of a holy,simple and joyful life.
Through the prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary,
your Mother and ours,draw all priests and the flocks
entrusted to their care to the fullness of eternal life where
you live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit,
one God,for ever and ever.
AMEN BENEDICTUS PP. XVI
His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer for Priests