Are you called?
Signs of a Call to the Catholic Priesthood
- Do you have a love of God that manifests itself in a desire to give your life in service to God's people?
- Do you have a love of the Church and its sacraments and a desire to celebrate the sacramens with the community?
- Do you have a love of God's Word and a desire to proclaim the Gospel to God's people?
- Do you have a desire to model holiness as Christ's representative among the People of God?
- Do you have a heart that can listen to others and reach out in healing?
- Do you have an ability to be happy without the intimate companionship of a wife and family?
- Do you have a generous spirit that manifests itself in a willingness to volunteer your time and talents to others?
- Do you have a desire to deepen prayer and relationship with God?
If your answers are more yes than no, then take courage, and make it a point to contact the Vocation Director.
Qualities of a Man with a Call to Priesthood
- A good candidate is a practicing, believing Catholic.
- He attends Mass at least weekly and prays everyday.
- He obeys the commandments and tries to serve others.
- He must be mentally, emotionally, and physically healthy.
- He must be at least average intelligence.
- And finally, he must be open to the will of God.